Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The most stupid question ever asked?

OK, I admit that I am not usually on the receiving end of a stupid question {see former blogs.}  However, I had to have heard the most ridiculous question that ever came out of someone's mouth today on the phone.  I've taken medicine for 3 years to help me sleep and about a month ago, it quit working.  Since last Friday, I have been trying to get in touch with my doctor to get a new prescription so that I just might hopefully be able to get some sleep.  We leave town tomorrow for our grand-daughter Rosie's 4th birthday party in TN, and no one in their right mind wants to be around a grumpy grandma at Chuck E Cheeses!  So, since I can't get in touch with my doctor--another doctor in the same practice calls me.  Basically, she says that there are 2 different medicines she can change my prescription to and that both do the same thing only have different side effects.  Get this!  She asked me if I would prefer medicine #1 that is expensive and causes weight gain or medicine #2 that is cheap and doesn't cause weight gain.  There it is!! !!!!!! Where is the reality TV show with the $10,000.00 prize for the most stupid question ever asked?  That would win it for sure!  I had to call my husband when I got off the phone to share this little bit of information {that by the way someone went to med school for 8 years to be able to ask  their patient!"  Why even my husband who professes to know about as much about women as a caveman does about the internet had to laugh."  I myself, don't even KNOW any women that want to GAIN weight, and if I did in my current state of sleep deprivation, I would probably walk right up to them and slap their skinny face!  What I wanted to say to the doctor was "Oh, hum, let me see now, I believe I'll take the one that makes you put on weight without  getting to enjoy a steady diet of M & M's, banana pudding and Chunky Monkey Ice Cream for a month thank you very much!"  And there is nothing that I like more than paying more for the same thing I can get for less.  I'm already use to running out of my allowance before I can get the next one anyway. Why change things! Just think of all of the brain activity that it would save me if I were trying to decide between the cute little red shoes or the cute little blue shoes, and I didn't have to make that choice.  I could just say,"Oh yeah, I forgot.  I don't have to choose because I can't afford either pair, since I just paid out the wazoo for medicine #1.  But I didn't say that, and I never would!  Southern girls don't do that.  I'm just thankful that there is a prescription being picked up by my sweet little hubby on his way home that hopefully will let me enjoy the delightful joys of la-la land.  I might even dream about all of those cute little shoes I can buy with all of the money I saved on my prescription!

No comments: