Saturday, May 22, 2010

Is this a mid-life crisis?

O.K. I know the term is highly over used. I guess a mid-life crisis is anything from feeling a little blue to boarding up the house, taking pot shots at passing automobiles and winding up on CNN. Well I have just diagnosed myself because of certain behavior that I will go into later and the fact that the only time I ever went to a psychiatrist I was charged $85.00 for 15 minutes. Blogging is cheap therapy! I have recently displayed what I shall call uncharacteristic southern belle behavior for me at least. First offense, I told my son-in-law that he was full of it and I don't mean Twinkies! Now I am one of those love each other even if you don't like each other kind of moms. You know encourage each other--if you can't say something good don't say anything at all sorts! Yeah, you go right ahead and stuff those negative feelings kind of mom. So telling my son-in-law that he was full of "it" was definitely a warning sign. Offense number 2, I got bad service at a TGIF's and actually reported it to the manager! Not of course before I came home and asked my son who is in management if I should or not. But I actually complained to a boss! I have had some rotten service in my life but I always make excuses for them. You know they are having an off day bless their little hearts-when your from the south you say a lot of bless their little hearts! I am 49 years old and have managed to never complain to a manager in my life. Next I went to a shoe store and heard the clerk yelling obscenities and I actually insisted right there that they call the manager. Now I know that I dislike foul mouthed women and men too for that matter but I have never gone ballistic over it before. One thing after another of these out of character moments and I have decided that I definitely have a problem. I just wasn't raised like that! Southern women are gracious, thoughtful, kind and well full of it! I have always been so proud of my southern ways, accent and traditions. And so since I don't want to pay an absurd fee to vent to a therapist who will just go out and buy the cutest little shoes you ever saw with my money, I have decided to blog and buy shoes for my self!

No comments: