Thursday, May 27, 2010

Southern women

Blogging really helps you talk out your thoughts. I am even getting back to being a little more like myself. Yesterday a man whipped out of a shopping center in front of me on the main road and came within 6" of ramming the side of my van. I just looked at him, smiled, waved the it's OK honey wave, and then said out loud, "Bless his little heart, must have his mind on something else." This is a far cry from the ravings of a mad woman several weeks ago. I'd like to clarify something. I know I talk often about being a southern belle. I am proud of my heritage but it runs much deeper than that. A southern woman has something to be proud of. A southern woman loves her God, her country, and her family. A southern women can always be counted on to take a dish to someone grieving the loss of a loved one or take some flowers by a friend to cheer her up when she's sick or down. A southern woman never takes her family for granted. She adores her hubby, her children, grand-children, nieces, nephews and any little child needing a mother. A southern woman loves holidays or any excuse to gather those she loves around her to nurture them. A southern woman always honors her father and mother and her elders in general and teaches her children to do the same. She knows the importance of a thank you note and always has a kind, cheerful, encouraging word for the down trodden. She can't look the other way when there is a tear in someones eye even if they are a total stranger. If she's outgoing she'll go right up and ask "what's wrong honey?" If she's shy she'll say a little prayer in her heart on their behalf. She wants no part in mistreating a human being or an animal. She loves with her whole heart and soul and it shows. You don't have to be from the south to be a southern woman. You can be one if your from Minnesota to Maine, Canada to Buenos Aires, or Iceland to Siberia. Are you a southern woman? You should be proud!

No comments: