Thursday, June 24, 2010

Things I Don't Understand!

No this isn't going to be a forever blog!  But there are some things that I just do not understand.  I don't know why that we as humans think that we have to understand something to except it at times.  We also think that if we are faced with an obstacle there must be something that can be done to help right?  So hear it goes--things that I don't understand!  #1.  Why they don't make dentures for horses.  I like horses.  I like to talk to them.  I like to pet the flat side of there face etc.  I just don't want to be on the back of one.  I was on a run-a-way horse when I was 10 years old and I made a promise to God that if he got me off that thing I wouldn't ever get on another one.  I have been tempted by others "to fall off the no horseback riding wagon" at times, but I haven't done it.  A veterinary friend of ours from church in Louisiana tried to get us to go horseback riding one Sunday afternoon.  I wasn't convinced of his argument that the horse was safe BEFORE he told me the horses name!  Pardon me, but when someone names their horse TROUBLE I am thinking I need to stay far away from it--maybe even the next county!  However, I once took my children to a farm that had a pumpkin patch in the fall and at this farm you could feed all sorts of baby animals.  The man who was our guide was riding a horse.  I asked how long horses lived out of curiosity.  His reply was "about 25 years or until they lose all of their teeth.  When they lose all of their teeth, they can no longer eat so they die."  He then proceeded to show me "old paint's mouth" and the poor horse had only about 4 teeth left inside.  Now if "old paint" only dies because he can't eat anymore then it seems to me someone should invent some false teeth for horses!  I realize that it may be a problem keeping them in his mouth, but he's a horse for goodness sake, use gorilla glue!  Then you could have one of those commercials for dentures with 2 horses eating out in the meadow and ask "which of these horses is wearing dentures?  I bet you can't tell."  I see those commercials about people all the time and if they would stay in a horses mouth when he can't fix his teeth himself, then if I had dentures I would certainly want to buy the brand that works for horses over the brand that just works for people!  #2.  Why they make packages of buns in lots of 8 and wienies come in packages of 10!  This is just plain stupid!  If I have a big cook-out, I have to actually do some math work in the grocery aisle on how to make the buns and wieners come out right at the end.  I like Math but it has never liked me.  I am telling you that life is too short to be worrying about your buns and wienies coming out right!  How many women have probably laid on their death beds and thought "I wish I had back all the time I wasted on trying to get buns and wienies to be even!  #3  Why my husband can't name one piece of clothing that I own to save his life, yet if I walk out of the room with a new outfit on he pounces on me like the Republicans on the Democrats over the national deficit!  If he doesn't know what I have, then how does he know when something is new!  He can smell a shopping trip better than a bloodhound on the trial of a convict!  #4.  Why if beauty is only skin deep that my wrinkles go clear to the bone!  In fact everything on my body apparently is trying to prove to this world on its very own that GRAVITY is alive and well in our universe.  No wonder old people stay in bed so much.  They are just exhausted from carrying around all that dragging flesh!  Things I don't understand #5 {you can relax, it's almost over!}  Why there are MEAN people in this world.  I'm not talking hormonal, crazy, irritable or just got up on the wrong side of the bed that morning.  I'm talking MEAN! MEAN,MEAN, MEAN!  If Hester had to wear a scarlet letter on her breast for adultery in Puritan times, why can't we make mean people tattoo ORNERY or CANTANKEROUS on their forehead these days so the rest of us don't have to guess when we first meet someone if they are a STINKER or not.  If they are bald and exceptionally bad they should have to tattoo all three phrases just because they have room!  One of the first things a Southern woman teaches her babies is to "treat others as you won't to be treated."  I know that there are folks out there who didn't learn this lesson as a child.  Anyone who does something intentionally to someone else that he wouldn't want done to himself  fits in the mean category.  That is why I am a member of the website "Why test out products on animals when our high security prisons are full!"  Uh oh, since I condone the use of product testing on criminals, and I wouldn't want it done to myself, I guess that makes me mean.  Gotta work on that!

No comments: